Policy Wins in Southern States: Lessons learned and implications for workforce advocates
October 2nd, 2019
This summer marked the end of National Skills Coalition’s Southern Skills Policy Initiative: our one-year assistance effort with teams in five states – Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas – to advance policies to build a skilled workforce. Through this initiative, NSC was able to achieve significant policy progress in several Southern states.
At this webinar, you will be able to:
- Learn how workforce policy advocates were able to leverage support from NSC to advance policies in the South, in generally fiscally conservative environments.
- Hear from the different perspectives of workforce policy advocates and an agency leader about overcoming advocacy challenges and their ideas on tackling the work that remains.
- Ask your questions!
- Southern states must build a skilled workforce for a stronger southern economy
- NSC state partners winning on skills training policies
- Closing Georgia’s skills gap through financial aid
If you have additional questions about this webinar or topic, please reach out to Melissa Johnson, State Policy Director, at email@example.com.